Medical Programs Division (Pers-82)
Disability Separations & Retirement Branch (Pers-821)
Medical Separation w/ severance pay -Temporary Disability Retirement List (TDRL) -Permanent Disability Retirement List (PDRL)
1. Secretary of the navy (SECNAV) administrative authority for processing disability decisions.
2. SECNAV's approving official for Permanent Limited Duty (PLD).
Distribution Management, Statistics, and Allocations Division (Pers-45)
Deployability Assessment Branch(formerly the Limited Duty (LIMDU) Branch and Bloodborne Pathgens/Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Program (Pers-454)
1. Managing the Navy's Deployability Assessment and Assignment Program.
2. Managing the Navy's LIMDU program.
3. When appropiate, directing Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF's) to submit a medical board for a potentional disability/fitness determination to the Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) for adjudication.
4. Approving official for all Officer Temporary LIMDU and all enlisted LIMDU that exceeds 12 months.
5. Provide guidance to the Fleet regarding LIMDU procedures, policies to ensure strict adherence.
6. Managing the Navy's Bloodborne Pathogens/HIV program.
7. Responsibile to the Chief of Naval Personnel to ensure all new laws, DOD/DON, BUMED, and applicable policy changes affecting LIMDU are being executed properly and in the best interest of the Navy.