COMMANDING OFFICER'S STATEMENT
1. OUR MISSION. The primary mission of Strike Fighter Squadron THIRTY-TWO is to provide combat ready aircraft and personnel to conduct missions in support of US foreign policy objectives ranging from presence operations to delivery of properly fuzed ordnance on target on time.
2. OUR FOCUS. We will achieve our mission through balanced excellence. Effective communication, engaged leadership, and continuous improvement are fundamental in this pursuit. We must have a questioning attitude— Everything we do must support our primary mission. If we are spending our precious resources of people, time, or money in ways that do not most efficiently support our mission, I expect you to question that practice in order to appropriately evaluate it. We have the most talented people in the Strike Fighter community; we must consistently seize every opportunity to “raise the bar,” learning from and helping others along the way. We will focus on Mission, Sailors, and Safety; while upholding the principles of Gypsy Pride, Professionalism, and Purpose.
3. MY VISION. We will continue to be a combat unit committed to global security and prosperity, defending our homeland and our Nation’s vital interests around the world, dominating any threat, and decisively defeating any adversary. We will have a clear focus on Mission and individual readiness anchored in a warrior ethos. We will ensure that our Sailors are personally and professionally fulfilled. Safety underpins all that we do. Zero risk is unattainable in our work, but we will manage risk to accomplish the mission while safeguarding our people and equipment.
4. GUIDING PRINCIPLES. The following principles will continue to guide and shape our activities:
a. Pride. Take pride in the fact that we safeguard the freedom, security, and prosperity of our Nation. Be proud to be a Gypsy!
b. Professionalism. We are an elite organization within a select group of naval warriors. We represent our Navy at all times, on duty and off, within the United States and on foreign soil. We must maintain the morale high ground to win the long war. Sustained combat excellence requires physical, mental, moral and spiritual strength and balance.
c. Purpose. Everything we do must have a purpose, must support our primary mission, and must make us and our Navy better—reaching out to others is part of this. Gypsies lead from the front and always make a difference!
5. MY PRIORITIES. Mission success is my top priority. Our Sailors are what enable us to execute our mission; optimally developing our Sailors and supporting our families will ensure we remain an elite, lethal unit. We have answered our Nation’s call to service in its time of need and are privileged to have this honor and the honor to be called Swordsmen. “Deus et Patria” and Gypsy Roll!
Mission accomplishment is my top priority. Developing our Sailors and supporting the well-being of our families are key to executing our mission, making them the foundation for all we do. We have answered our Nation’s call to service in its time of need and are privileged to have this honor and the honor to be called Swordsmen. “Deus et Patria” and Gypsy Roll!