COMMANDING OFFICER PHILOSOPHY
1. MISSION FIRST--PEOPLE ALWAYS: The primary focus of each and every Wildcard is to be on accomplishing the mission. Dedication, determination, and discipline are the first tenants of victory. But always remember, our Sailors are our most valuable asset. Care for yourself and each other. If we do not, we will fail to accomplish our mission. Everything else follows suit to include job satisfaction, morale, safety and esprit de corps. Perfection is not the goal, it is not attainable; excellence is required and will be demanded. Demand the mission be met with Excellence.
2. PROFESSIONAL AND RESPONSIBLE: We pride ourselves in being personally responsible in all we do, on and off duty. If there is no responsibility for your actions then there is no integrity and no professionalism within The Stable. It starts with the individual and builds the strong foundation on which the command rests. Do the right thing, because it is the right thing to do! It's rarely the easy thing but nothing worth doing is easy. Be a Sailor of Consequence!
3. DISCIPLINE: A steadfast approach to follow processes despite the stress of short deadlines, harsh conditions, tedious procedures and mission or personal stressors is essential to maintaining a strong, safe and trustworthy squadron. Self Discipline is the most critical skill to successful combat operations.
4. TEAMWORK: Every Sailor has a voice and no one can go it alone. If we try, our foundation will breakdown and The Stable will fall. Therefore, one Wildcard is only as qualified as the Wildcard next to him; first we teach then we do. Teamwork builds trust and trust builds excellence; for excellence is only achieved when we have reached ultimate trust. We do this through integrity and by drawing on the strengths and experiences of each other. We are victorious as a group and we are defeated as a group; we are one Wildcard Nation.
5. HIGHEST OF STANDARDS: Wildcard success sits squarely on the foundation of the basics in our daily execution of maintenance, safety, training, administrative and operational programs. If excellence is demanded, integrity is sound, disciple is maintained and teamwork is the norm then Safety is a byproduct. The Wildcards will always be inspection ready.
WILDCARDS NEVER FOLD
Jennifer. K. Wilderman