Our mission is to provide a flexible combat capability to the Combatant Commander's primarily though Expeditionary Strike Group deployments and integration with the Marine Expeditionary Unit with emphasis on Search and Rescue, support of Special Operations, Defense of Force through Anti-surface Warfare and Logistics Support. Additionally the versatility of MH-60S gives us the great honor of saving lives through humanitarian assistance operations. We will assist the Combatant Commanders in winning the Global War on Terror, Defending our National interests and upholding the tenants of our constitution.
"Meet the Mission with Excellence."
"Wildcards Never Fold"
Wildcard Guiding Principles
| 1. Demand Excellence
|| 4. We are One Wildcard Nation|
| 2. Be a Sailor of Consequence
|| 5. Always Inspection Ready|
| 3. Discipline Yourself
|| 6. Work Hard, Play Hard but Smart|
A Pledge from the Commanding Officer
I promise to ensure that every Wildcard is granted the opportunity to contribute at the highest limits of their potential and desire. Each Wildcard will be afforded a safe work environment conducive to success and free of harassment of any kind. I will provide you with the tools and training you need to do your job, and to grow professionally. In return, I will hold you to the highest standards of conduct and lead you in defending our country and our way of life.
Tenants of Wildcard Behavior
1. Wildcards treat everyone including themselves with respect and dignity.
2. Wildcards strive to become as highly qualified as possible as quickly as possible.
3. Wildcards are a family and look out for each other on and off the job.
4. Wildcards do not tolerate drug or alcohol abuse in our ranks.
5. Wildcards make sound judgments utilizing ORM making safety inherent in all we do.
6. Wildcards consider themselves last; mission, shipmate and family comes first.
7. Wildcards conduct business by the book because the book is open.
8. Wildcards abide by Navy Core Values and military standards.