Congratulations on your orders to STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON ONE THREE ONE (VFA-131)! We want to take this opportunity to welcome you to the “ AIRLANT’S First and Finest” Hornet squadron. We eagerly anticipate your arrival and look forward to having you as a member of our Wildcat Family. All reporting personnel are strongly encouraged to read the wildcat owners manual. In this manual you can find the policies, expectations (both for you and the command), and the squadron history.
If you are entitled to movement of dependents and household goods, the DOD will fund this to Virginia Beach, Virginia. Because the assignment is sea duty, you may elect to have your household goods shipped to a location you designate in the continental United States. You can find out more about Hampton Roads military community at the Commander, Naval Region Mid-Atlantic website.
When we are not at sea or on detachment , STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON ONE THREE ONE calls NAS Oceana’s hanger 111, our home. If we are not in port then check in with Transient Personnel Unit(TPU) at Naval Station Norfolk, 1683 Gilbert St, Norfolk, VA 23511. You are encouraged to report between 0700 and 1400. If you use commercial transportation or taxi service en-route to us, be sure to save your receipts for reimbursement on your claim. Uniform of the Day is required to check onboard. If we are deployed all incoming personnel are asked to complete the following NKO courses prior to leaving the US as internet connectivity can be an issue while underway.
1. DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge V3
2. SERE 100.1V2 Code of Conduct Training
3. USCC Moderate Risk of Isolation (MRI) PT 1&2
4. Anti-Terrorism Level 1 Awareness Training
1. When we receive your orders, you will be assigned a command sponsor who will be available to answer any questions you may have and assist you in any way possible. Please advise your sponsor of your expected arrival date and any assistance you may require. We urge you to contact the squadron if you do not hear from your sponsor within a week of receiving orders. You can contact the command sponsor program coordinator at VFA-131 Sponsor. If you send an email to this address please include the following information: Full name and rate, expected arrival date, full mailing address, alternate email address and family status for those with dependents. This will enable us to provide you with the correct information to make your transition to the Wildcats as smooth as possible. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. We’re here to help and are looking forward to your arrival. The squadron duty office number is (757) 433-9040. If the squadron is underway Transient Personnel Unit can be reached at (757) 444-1640. Your mailing address will be
ATTN (Your rate/rank and last name)
UNIT 200304 BOX 1
FPO AE 09503