Visits to SPAWAR Old Town Campus
For routine engagements, visitors are encouraged to coordinate with their sponsors. See below for SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (Point Loma facility) visit requests, classified visit requests or foreign visit requests.
Visits to SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific (Point Loma facility)
Submit a written request addressed to the commanding officer. Requests are to be typed on letterhead and must be signed by an authorized official who is validating the visit. The following information is mandatory for SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific to process the request:
- Name and address of the agency or company requesting the visit.
- Name and address of the command to be visited.
- Name (in full) and title of the person to be visited. NOTE: If the visitor is visiting a contractor employee, a government employee point of contact is required.
- Name (in full) of the employee, including title or position, for which the approval is requested.
- Date and place of birth, citizenship and social security number of the visitor; if the visitor is a permanent resident, the registration number must be included.
- Date(s) of requested visit.
- Purpose and justification for the visit. If a contract is involved, the contract number must be furnished. NOTE: If the visit is unclassified, items 8, 9 and 10 below are not required.
- Name and address of contractor's cognizant security officer, assigned CAGE or FSC number, and certification of the level of the facility's clearance.
- Agency / company certification of the employee's current clearance status.
- The visit request must be signed by an authorized agency official, security manager or facility security officer.
Visitors to Point Loma must check in at the Main Pass Office (Bldg. 27) or the Bayside Pass Office (Bldg. 204).
Point Loma Main (Topside) Pass Office
(619) 553-3203 or DSN 553-3203
Business hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fridays 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Bayside Pass Office
(619) 553-3210 or DSN 553-3210
Business hours: Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Closed on Off Fridays
Parking is available in any unreserved marked spot. However, parking is very limited in some areas. Most of the large buildings have visitor parking areas, and disabled parking is also available. For questions about parking areas, please coordinate with your government point of contact.
Per SPAWAR Instruction 5520.1 "Use of the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)/Joint Clearance and Access Verification System (JCAVS)" of Aug. 14, 2007, JPAS is the personnel security system of record for the Department of Defense and has directed the use of JPAS for the administration of visits involving access to classified information. As such, JPAS will be the only authorized mode for transmission of security clearances for visits to SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific.
A user ID and password issued by the command’s JCAVS manager is required to access JPAS. Click here to access JPAS. The SPAWAR Sustems Center Pacific Security Management Office for the transmission of visit requests is 660015.
Agencies not JPAS-enabled must submit visit authorization letters on agency / company letter head. These visit requests will continue to be accepted providing each visit request is certified to be current and accurate by an authorized agency official, security manager or facility security officer. Hard copy visit requests must contain the information listed above for unclassified visits.
Foreign visitors must contact their Embassy in Washington, DC. for visits to:
- SPAWAR Headquarters: contact the SPAWAR foreign visits specialist at (619) 537-8884
- SSC Pacific and other co-located / tenant command: contact the SSC Pacific foreign visits specialist at (619) 553-0437.
Requests may be submitted via fax or mail:
CODE 83320 (PL-TS)
49275 ELECTRON DR
SAN DIEGO, CA 92152-5435
Fax: (619) 553-6169
Call (619) 553-3203 or DSN 553-3203 with questions, or to verify visit request receipt.
Business hours: Monday-Thursday 6:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Fridays 6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Old Town (Get Directions)
Bachelor Quarters Information
Visitors should follow their command's policy regarding bachelor quarters (BQs). This command has no BQs, and does not monitor visitor lodging arrangements or provide BQ non-availability numbers.
All Navy BQs in San Diego are on the automated Bachelor Quarters Central Reservation System and generally accept reservations from Sato Travel only; however a BQ will accept a direct call from a traveler not serviced by Sato or from an E-9, O-6, GS/GM-15, or YA/YC/YD/YF-03 or above wanting VIP quarters.
Travelers who plan on staying at a Navy BQ in San Diego but who do not need airline tickets or other services from their servicing Sato may call Sato at 1 (800) 576-9327 for BQ reservations.
Those closest to this command are:
Naval Submarine Base
Bachelor Officers Quarters
140 Sylvestor Road
San Diego, CA 92106
Telephone: (619) 553-9381 or DSN 553-9381
Fax: (619) 553-0613
Message Plain Language Address: SUBASE SAN DIEGO CA
Fleet ASW Training Center
Bachelor Officers Quarters (Admiral Kidd Inn)
32444 Echo Lane, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92147-5199
Reservation Telephone: (619) 524-5382 or DSN 524-5382
24 hours Telephone (619) 524-0557
Fax: (619) 524-0754
Message Plain Language Address: FLEASWTRACEN SAN DIEGO CA
Guest Contact, Front Desk: (619) 226-0444 + Room Number
If you have any questions, please contact the Travel Office at (619) 553-4437 or DSN 553-4437.
Business hours: Monday-Thursday 7:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Work Fridays 7:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.