Becoming a Navy Diver gives you the opportunity to pursue a unique career doing something you thoroughly enjoy. As a Navy Diver, you are exposed to hard working, motivated individuals who work together to accomplish a variety of challenging missions. The many benefits of becoming a Navy Diver include:
More Water time
- Navy Divers experience more diving time
- More exposure to different areas of diving
- Job variety: never do the same assignment twice
- Make a difference: Hurricane Katrina support, TWA Flight 800 recovery, USS Monitor recovery and salvage, etc.
- Global opportunities (Italy, Guam, Japan, etc.)
- Highly intensive and challenging twice
- Opportunities to attend top training schools
Working with and contributing to a cohesive team
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Motivated to excel
- Team community
Applicable life skills and transferable experience
- Become a highly trained Navy Diver with a diverse skill set
Working with the best and most qualified divers
- Selective admission
- Rigorous requirements both physical and mental
- Intellectual rigor
- Elite divers that are set apart from other Navy communities
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and equipment
- In addition to normal pay allowances, Divers receive incentive pay to include:
- $1000 if member passes PST in Boot Camp. $ 2000 for elevated PST scores.
- $25,000 and advancement to E-4 upon completion of Second Class Dive School.
- SRBs Maximum $45,000.
- Monthly special duty assignments pay up to $500.
Learn to dive for free
- You do not need to pay for diving school
- Navy will pay for college