MCAAP was established May 20, 1943 as the McAlester Naval Depot.
ECRC, Detachment McAlester
Navy LNO Contact Information
Phone: (757) 462 4744
Transportation to McAlester
- Fly into Tulsa International Airport, a rental car will be required. Map or GPS is helpful. Your driving time will be aprox 2-3 hours.
- DO NOT report to NOSC Tulsa. Your orders will be endorsed at MCAAP.
- ENSURE your ID card is CAC activated (your pin) and your PKI Certificates are updated. This cannot be stressed enough, it will affect JASS, BOL, NPC, and many official websites your will need to access.
- Ensure you have and remember your MyPay pin number!
- BRING PT GEAR AND RUNNING SHOES. You are required to bring the Navy's new Physical Training Uniform (PTU) gear and running shoes with you IAW NAVADMIN 191/08.
- Bring all prescription medications with you.
- Civilian attire is authorized off duty. Bring at least one pair for travel.
- All of your necessary military gear and equipment will be issued. Do not buy extra equipment that you may not need or be authorized to have.
- Although the mailing address is supplied in this Welcome Brief, do not begin to 'mail things; to yourself...the Post Office has limited space and can only retain mail on hand for so long before they have to 'return to sender'.
- For any non-issued items you would like to send home, mail service will be available at your cost.
- You may bring laptops, MP3 players, gaming systems, and electronics of this nature at your own risk. These items ARE NOT allowed on ranges or during any training evolutions. Camera use IS NOT permitted on ranges or during any training evolutions.
- Cell phone use IS NOT permitted at any time during daily training hours.
- Staff can make available a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Under Army rules, members are prohibited from the following:
- Sexual relations
- POVs are prohibited for all students. Rental cars are authorized per orders.
- No liberty exceeding 150 miles.
- Post Office
MAILING ADDRESS (to be used for emergencies only)
- Rank and Full Name
1 C Tree Road
McAlester, Oklahoma 74501
- MAINTAIN OPSEC!! (Operational Security) when communicating with friends and family back home.
- Hotel Wi-Fi varies per location.
Berthing is not available on the Army Ammunition Plant.
Each group will be staying at the same hotel due to rental car usage, training and security. However, a recommended list of hotels will be supplied by the LNO. A list of hotels can be found online at: https://www.google.com/#q=hotels+mcalester+ok
Some personnel may be required to share a room
There is no DFAC (Dining Facility)
Members will use guidance for the local per diem rate
McAlester General Information: (918) 420-7200. After hours: (918) 420-6642
McAlester Website: http://www.mcaap.army.milMcAlester information site: http://www.ga.com/mcalester-army-ammunition-plant
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) is your Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and maintains administrative supervision during your Individual Augmentee Training.