Fort McCoy is the only U.S. Army installation in Wisconsin. Fort McCoy is located in Monroe County, Wisconsin.
ECRC, Detachment Fort McCoy
Navy LNO Contact Information
Transportation to Fort McCoy
- The nearest commercial airport to Fort McCoy is La Crosse Municipal Airport, located 35 miles west of the installation in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Government transportation to and from the installation is available only for those traveling on official business/orders. Shuttle service is provided Thursday through Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday arrangements can be made upon arrival by using the courtesy phone located near baggage claim.
- Shuttle departure time on weekdays: 1230 and 1545. Any arrival after 1545 use courtesy phone and ask for extension 3616. TMP will make arrangements to pick you up. Shuttle can be found at the south end of the terminal by the Northwest Ticket Counter.
- Shuttle departure time on Saturdays and Sundays: 1230, 1545, 1830, and 2130. Shuttle for remaining flights after 2300 will depart after last flight.
- ENSURE your ID card is CAC activated (your pin) and your PKI Certificates are updated. This cannot be stressed enough, it will affect JASS, BOL, NPC, and many official websites your will need to access.
- Ensure you have and remember your MyPay pin number!
- BRING PT GEAR AND RUNNING SHOES. You are required to bring the Navy's new Physical Training Uniform (PTU) gear and running shoes with you IAW NAVADMIN 191/08.
- PT socks should cover the ankle.
- Bring all prescription medications with you.
- Bring no more than one set of civilian clothes. (For traveling purposes)
- All of your necessary military gear and equipment will be issued. Do not buy extra equipment that you may not need or be authorized to have.
- Although the mailing address is supplied in this Welcome Brief, do not begin to 'mail things; to yourself...the Post Office has limited space and can only retain mail on hand for so long before they have to 'return to sender'.
- For any non-issued items you would like to send home, mail service will be available at your cost.
- You may bring laptops, MP3 players, gaming systems, and electronics of this nature at your own risk. These items ARE NOT allowed on ranges or during any training evolutions. Camera use IS NOT permitted on ranges or during any training evolutions.
- Cell phone use IS NOT permitted at any time during daily training hours.
- LNO Staff can make available a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Members training at Fort McCoy fall under the rules of 1st Army.
- Under 1st Army rules, members are prohibited from the following:
- Wearing civilian attire
- Other than your uniform, only NAVY ISSUED PT gear is authorized
- Sexual relations
- Drinking of alcohol
- Leaving base or having visitors
Fort McCoy Mailing Address
1868 Regimental Ave
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
- Letters and Packages normally take one-two weeks to arrive via USPS.
- The US Postal Service is located ib Building 1645 on 11th Avenue for the purchase of stampsLetters and Packages normally take one-two weeks to arrive via USPS.
- MAINTAIN OPSEC!! (Operational Security) when communicating with friends and family back home.
- Building 1122 AKO Intranet is available during working hours and limited use after hoursNavy Marine Corps Intranet is available during working hours and limited use after hours.
- Public computers are available at the Soldier Computer Center (SCC) in Building 2711on 13th Avenue . Printers, fax machines, and copiers are available.
- Community Activity Center, Building 2000. The MWR center has twenty one computers for student use. They also have printers, fax machines, and copiers available.
- Berthing is open bay barracks.
- Phones for on-base calling are provided.
- Training & Mobilization Dining Facility - Building 2674.
- There are three ATM machines available on base.
Transportation at Fort McCoy
- Base Shuttle only, every half hour.
Fort McCoy website: www.mccoy.army.mil
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) is your Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and maintains administrative supervision during your Individual Augmentee Training.