Fort Leonard Wood is named in honor of General Leonard Wood, former Chief of Staff. Fort Leonard Wood is located in Pulaski County, Missouri.
Fort Leonard Wood, MO Points of contact:
Sarah Sawyer: (573) 596-0488
- The Fort Leonard Wood Lodging Office front desk is located in Building 470, the Soldier Service Center, Suite 1201 and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. You are encouraged to make advance reservations and may do so by email or by phone.
- The reservations office is open:
- Monday 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 7:30 a.m. -3:30 p.m.
- Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- You may call at any time for assistance. Our front desk personnel, or reservations staff, will be able to answer your questions regarding rate information, reservations, and general inquiries.
- For maps and directions see www.wood.army.mil/FLWmaps.htm
- Reservations: 1-800-677-8356 or 573-596-0665 Front Desk: 573-596-0999 Fax number: 573-596-0943
Flying in Airport:
Lambert-St. Louis International, Springfield-Branson Regional and Waynesville Regional-Forney Field.
Transportation to Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- Fort Leonard Wood is located in the heart of the Ozarks off Interstate 44. The post is approximately 130 miles west of Saint Louis and 90 miles east of Springfield.
- Distance from major airports in Missouri: Lambert-St. Louis International (STL) - 2 Hour Drive. Springfield-Branson Regional (SGF) - 1 hour 15 Minute Drive. Waynesville Regional-Forney Field (TBN) Airport - On Fort Leonard Wood.
Driving Directions from St. Louis (East)
- Drive west bound on I-70 about 4 miles, go south on 270 approximately 15 miles, drive west on I-44. Drive west bound on I-44 about 135 miles. Exit interstate on 161. At the stop light turn left onto Missouri Avenue. Drive approximately 3 miles at the end of the public road will be the Fort Leonard Wood Main gate.
Driving Directions from Springfield (West)
- Drive Northeast on West Kearney, turn left onto US-160 Northwest Bypass and merge eastbound onto I-44. Drive approximately 86 miles west towards St. Louis. Exit on 161 and make a right onto Missouri Avenue at the stop light. Drive approximately 3 miles at the end of the public road will be the Fort Leonard Wood Main gate.
Additional Transportation Information
- Ground - There is a Greyhound bus station in the city of St. Robert, Mo; just outside the main gate that make routine stops at this location. Rental car agencies are available at both Lambert and Springfield Airports.
- Air - Most major carriers fly into both Springfield, and Lambert-St. Louis Airports.
- USA Express operates an airport shuttle service daily between Fort Leonard Wood and Lambert-St. Louis.
Contact information for USA Express is, 800-872-9399 or online at www.usaxonline.com. You must make reservations in advance.
ECRC IA Navy Liaison Office: (785) 240-1342
Fort Leonard Wood information main number: (573) 596-0131
Fort Leonard Wood Website: www.wood.army.mil
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) is your Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and maintains administrative supervision during your Individual Augmentee Training.