Fort Jackson is named in honor of Andrew Jackson, a U.S. Army General and 7th President of the United States.
ECRC, Detachment Fort Jackson (NIACT)
Navy LNO Contact Information
Phone: (803) 299-1021/2836
- Groups from NMPS Norfolk and NMPS San Diego will have transportation provided for them.
- Othe IAs are responsible for transportation for Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) to Bldg 3903 at McCrady Training Center (MTC) to check in with Army SDO.
- The address for MTC is 5395 Leesburg Road, Eastover, SC 29044.
ENSURE your ID card is CAC activated (your pin) and your PKI Certificates are updated. This cannot be stressed enough, it will affect JASS, BOL, NPC, and many official websites your will need to access.
- Ensure you have and remember your MyPay pin number!
- BRING PT GEAR AND RUNNING SHOES.
- You are required to bring the Navy's new Physical Training Uniform (PTU) gear and running shoes with you IAW NAVADMIN 191/08.
- Bring all prescription medications with you.
- Bring a copy of recent prescription of eyeglasses or wear your most recent issued glasses.
- Bring no less than one set of civilian clothes. (For traveling purposes)
- All of your necessary military gear and equipment will be issued. Do not buy extra equipment that you may not need or be authorized to have. (Including shoulder holsters!)
- Although the mailing address is supplied, do not begin to mail things to yourself. (The Post Office has limited space and can only retain mail on hand for so long before they have to 'Return to Sender')
- For any non-issued items you would like to send home, mail service will be available at your cost.
- You may bring laptops, MP3 players, gaming systems, and electronics of this nature at your own risk. These items ARE NOT allowed on ranges or during any training evolutions. Camera use IS NOT permitted on ranges or during any training evolutions.
- Cell phone use IS NOT permitted at any time during daily training hours.
- LNO Staff can make available a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- BRING towels, shower shoes and a lock for your locker. They will NOT be provided.
- It is best to use ground services for incoming parcels.
- [RANK/RATE] [NAME]
- [COMPANY] [PLATOON], TFM, NAVY
- 5395 Leesburg Road
- Bldg 3931
- Eastover, SC 29044-9189
- MAINTAIN OPSEC!! (Operational Security) when communicating with friends and family back home.
- Internet capable computers are available for personal use in the computer lab located in Bldg 3931.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in all student barracks, the Impact Zone and the Day Room/Liberty Center.
- Alcohol consumption is highly regulated during training IAW OPNAVINST 3591.1E and AR 190-14
- You may bring laptops, MP3 players and electronics of this nature at your own risk. These items ARE NOT allowed on ranges or during any training evolutions. Cameras are allowed but use IS HIGHLY RESTRICTED.
- Billeting will be arranged by Navy LNO.
- Most personnel will stay in open bay barracks. Food
- Meals will be provided at no charge at DFAC (dining facility) Bldg 3800.
- Hours are flexible to accommodate training requirements.
- Laundry machines are available in the barracks. Detergent is not provided.
- The training cycle includes an In-brief on the Sunday after arrival; gear issue on Monday and approximately three weeks of basic combat skills training.
- Training Curriculum:
- M4 & M9 Weapon Qualification
- Crew Serve Weapon Familiarization
- MRAP & HEAT (HMMWV Egress Assistance Trainer)
- Land Navigation
- First Aid
Transportation at MTC
- Personnel walk to DFAC which is located near berthing.
- Two MWR vans are available for PX runs during the week.
- Transportation for Chapel Services at Fort Jackson is also available on Sunday morning.
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) is your Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and maintains administrative supervision during your Individual Augmentee Training.