For Bliss is named for William Wallace Smith Bliss, a soldier in the Mexican-American War. Bliss is buried in the Fort Bliss National Cemetery located on the post. Fort Bliss is located in both Arizona, and West Texas Near El Paso.
ECRC, Detachment Fort Bliss
Navy LNO Contact Information
Phone: (915) 568-3702
Transportation to Fort Bliss
- Fly into El Paso International Airport
- Ground Shuttle Transportation to Fort Bliss is available through military desk, (915) 562-3606. (~15 minutes) Ensure to reserve your ground transportation prior to departure.
- Contact Fort Bliss Navy LNO at (915) 568-3702 with your flight itinerary.
- ENSURE your ID card is CAC activated (your pin) and your PKI Certificates are updated. This cannot be stressed enough, it will affect JASS, BOL, NPC, and many official websites you will need to access.
- Ensure you have and remember your MyPay pin number!
- BRING PT GEAR AND RUNNING SHOES. You are required to bring the Navy's new Physical Training Uniform (PTU) gear and running shoes with you IAW NAVADMIN 191/08.
- PT socks should cover the ankle.
- Bring all prescription medications with you.
- Bring a set of civilian clothes. (For traveling purposes)
- All of your necessary military gear and equipment will be issued. Do not buy extra equipment that you may not need or be authorized to have.
- Although the mailing address is supplied in this Welcome Brief, do not begin to ‘mail things’ to yourself… the Post Office has limited space and can only retain mail on hand for so long before they have to ‘return to sender’.
- You may bring laptops, MP3 players, gaming systems, and electronics of this nature at your own risk. These items ARE NOT allowed on ranges or during any training evolutions. Camera use IS NOT permitted on ranges or during any training evolutions.
- Cell phone use IS NOT permitted at any time during daily training hours.
- LNO Staff can make available a cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Members training at Fort Bliss fall under the rules of 1st Army.
- Under 1st Army rules, members are prohibited from the following:
- Wearing civilian attire
- Other than your uniform, only NAVY ISSUED PT gear is authorized
- Sexual relations
- Drinking of alcohol
- Leaving base or having visitors
Letters and Packages normally take one-two weeks to arrive via USPS. Ground mail service is located at the Exchange/PX
- MAILING ADDRESS
- Rank and Full Name
Mobilization Deployment Bde
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center
FORT Bliss, TX 79916
- MAINTAIN OPSEC!! (Operational Security) when communicating with friends and family back home.
- Navy Marine Corps Intranet is available during working hours and limited use after hours.
- Exchange on Fort Bliss (~40 min bus ride) Internet and webmail available Must pay per hour
- Public computers are available at the Soldier Computer Center (SCC) in Building 2711on 13th Avenue . Printers, fax machines, and copiers are available.
- Community Activity Center, Building 2000. The MWR center has twenty one computers for student use. They also have printers, fax machines, and copiers available.
- Berthing is Located at Camp McGregor in old barracks.
- Four to Six personnel per room.
- All rooms include bunk beds, lockers, and air conditioning.
- BRING: towels, shower shoes and a lock for your locker. They will NOT be provided.
- Messing will be provided by DFAC (dining facility)
- Standard hours are:
Breakfast: 0430-0600 Lunch: MRE Dinner: 1730-1900
- Hours are flexible to accommodate training requirements.
- There are three ATM machines available on base.
Transportation on Fort Bliss
- Local area taxis are available during liberty.
ECRC IA Navy Liaison Office: (915) 568-3702
Fort Bliss General Information: (915) 568-2121
Fort Bliss Website: https://www.bliss.army.mil
Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center (ECRC) is your Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC) and maintains administrative supervision during your Individual Augmentee Training.