Frequently Asked Questions
Almost all of your questions can be answered by the Welcome aboard packets
- Q: How do I obtain a quota?
- To obtain a quota for the ASO or ASC courses please refer to this page.
- Q: What information do I need to generate orders for attending SAS?
- Please look in Course Information under "Orders Writing Process"
- Q: What uniform do I report in on the first day?
- Flight Suits are authorized for the entire duration of both ASO and ASC courses, including the first day. However, bring a set of Service Khakis, or your service equivalent just in case.
- Q: When and Where do I report on the first day?
- Please look in Course Information under "Reporting for classes"
- Q: I want to make my flight arrangements now. What time will I finish on the last day of the course?
- Always allow some flexibility in your plans as course times can and do change to meet requirements. However, in general, plan on being able to make at least a 1500 departure out of Pensacola Regional on the last day of class.
- Q: If a Federal Holiday falls during the course when will it be observed?
- Please look in Schedules under "Federal Holidays"
- Q: As a Marine attending ASO/ASC, if I desire support from MATSG, what is their POC?
- MATSG-21 can be located here
- Q: I previously attended ASO/ASC. How do I obtain a copy of my certificate?
- If you attended ASO/ASC before 01 APR 2005:
- If you attended ASO/ASC after 01 APR 2005:
Return to SAS Home
Commander, Naval Safety Center, 375 A Street, Norfolk, VA 23511 | (757) 444-3520 / (DSN 564) |
School of Aviation Safety, 181 Chambers Ave Suite A, Pensacola, FL 32508-5271 | 850-452-3181 (DSN 459) |
SAS Feedback | Webmaster | PAO | Last Revision: July 23, 2015