The Navy and Marine Corps have hundreds of civilian employment opportunities located outside the United States that offer unique and satisfying work experiences supporting our troops in exciting
destinations. Greece, Italy, Japan, Korea, and Spain are just a few of the countries where civilian employees work.
Our civilian workforce supports the Naval and Marine Corps commands in maintaining and operating base facilities, providing supplies and services, and carrying out a variety of critical functions that
enable U.S. and allied forces to operate efficiently around the globe. Overseas assignments typically last 36 months, but some may be extended up to 5 years.
Each location where Department of the Navy civilian employees work presents unique attractions, climates, and social
and cultural experiences. But all overseas assignments offer special benefits that include:
- Paid relocation expenses, including temporary quarters allowance
- Moving of household goods
- Tax-free paid living quarters and post (cost-of-living) allowances
- Interest-free salary advance (up to six pay periods)
- Home leave (special paid leave taken in the United States)
- 360 hours annual leave accumulation (paid personal time off) instead of normal 240 hours
- Guaranteed job placement options in the United States upon completion of overseas assignment
- Student education travel for dependents
Find all Department of the Navy international employment opportunities using USAJOBS.
You may also explore civilian assignments with the Department of Defense Civilian Expeditionary Workforce.