IANTN Secretariat Mission
"Advise the members of the Armed Forces in the communications field and manage all documentation and information from the Inter-American Naval Telecommunications Network."
IANTN Secretariat Organization
The IANTN Secretariat is organized according to the concept of expansion adopted at the Eighth Inter-American Naval Conference and in a manner that allows the fulfillment of their responsibilities with the IANTN and with the IANC.
The Secretariat is composed of five (5) officers and one (1) non-commissioned naval officer of the IANTN member countries.
Current Secretariat Organization
- Establish the network policy.
- Inform the Naval Authorities on the Secretariat activities.
- Coordinate and support the naval and joint exercises.
- Conduct IANTN Detachments coordination visits.
- Review and edit IANTN publications.
- Information Statistics Center for the performance of the network/station.
- Serve as Permanent Secretariat for the Specialized Inter-American Naval Telecommunications Conference (IANTC).
- Serve as liaison between the Secretariats of the Specialized Inter-American Naval Conferences (SIANC).
At the XIX IANC, the IANTN permanent organization procedures and objectives were established as follow:
The IANTN Secretariat advises the Inter-American Naval Conference (IANC), constituting itself as the liaison between the General Secretary in Exercises, the member countries and the Secretaries of the Specialized Inter-American Naval Conferences:
The IANTN Secretariat is also related to the Permanent Executive Secretariat of the American Armed Exercise Conference (SEPCEA) and with the System of Cooperation between the American Air Force (SICOFAA).
Historical Positions Held