History of IANTN
• Establishment of Inter-American Naval Telecommunications Network during the III Inter-American Naval Conference, in Viña del Mar, Chile.
• Proposed establishment of a Permanent Secretariat during the III Inter-American Chiefs of Naval Telecommunications.
• Establishment of the IANTN Secretariat in Balboa, Panama.
• Secretariat incorporates Officers from Latin American navies.
• Best Station Award is established.
• Replacement of the HF communications system to one based on a VSAT system.
• Secretariat is moved to Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico.
• VSAT network modernization. IANTN stations works in automatic mode.
• Implementation of voice capacity in the system.
• Physical relocation of the IANTN Secretariat at Naval Station Base Mayport (USA).
• Initial plan for the modernization of the IANTN Communications System.
2007 – 2008
• Transition from the VSAT to the CENTRIXS System.
• Implementation of the CENTRIXS System as IANTN’s primary communications means.
• Updated doctrine and procedures.
• Initiated the CENTRIXS System expansion member countries Operational Commands.
• CENTRIXS expansion to IANTN member Navy Operational Commands.
• Creation of APAN IANTN-RITN-RNIT Group.
• Creation of CENTRIXS Collaboration at Sea (CAS) Web Site.
2014 - Future Vision
• Replacement of the S6-250 for the SCfC to the CENTRIXS system.