Command Pay/Personnel Administrator (CPPA) Support System (PASS)
The CPPA serves as the primary customer service link between command members and the supporting Personnel Support Department (PSD) or Functional Service Center (FSC). The CPPA ensures all documents and information required to provide command Pay/Personnel and Transportation support are relayed to the appropriate supporting organization via the current authorized electronic transaction system and in accordance with applicable policies governing accuracy and timeliness standards.
Scroll down for links to systems in the CPPA “Toolbox” and important PASS references.
CPPA Duties and Responsibilities
Obtain and maintain access to systems/software necessary to complete CPPA duties (i.e., OMPF, ESR, TOPS, etc.). The CPPA Toolbox information sheet -- updated 5 MAY 2017 and located in the box on the right -- provides steps required to request and obtain systems access.
Carefully review personnel documents and information routed between the PSD or FSC and supported Sailors to ensure all forms are properly completed, all required documentation and attachments are provided, and all information appears to be sufficient to resolve the transaction in a timely manner.
Attend all scheduled CPPA Training provided by the PSD/CSD or NOSC. If unable to attend, arrange to receive information provided via alternate means.
In every action, always protect the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of command personnel. If at any time PII is compromised, report the spillage as soon as it is discovered.
Use the left navigation bar to locate information and resources supporting specific CPPA tasks.
updates Career Management System-Interactive Detailing (CMS-ID) processes and Career Waypoints-Reenlistment timelines.
clarifies the extension process and specifies pay and personnel systems that require the CPPA 95AD NEC for access.
indicates that the Navy eLearning course, PERS2-PAYPERS-CPPA-CPPATRAINING-V1.0, is updated to align CPPA training with NEC 95AD requirements.
- Complete required training in accordance with PPIB 17/06.
- Download the CPPA Career Toolbox information sheet (click hyperlink on the right) and use it to establish system accounts. Once system access has been requested and approved, use the CPPA Toolbox (see below) to perform assigned tasks.
CPPA Toolbox - CAC and CAC-enabled computer required.
Additional online tools
Although the CPPA is not expected to be an expert in all areas of pay and personnel administration, familiarity with directives and manuals will increase CPPA awareness and effectiveness.
Supporting information on the NPC website:
29-30 Jul 2017 - NSIPS 188.8.131.52 release changes CPPA Activity Report role:
- No longer be allowed to submit an Activity Report if the detaching command did not complete an Activity Loss. If an attempt is made to submit the Activity Report without the corresponding Activity Loss, the following error will be received, "THIS ACTIVITY REPORT MUST BE PERFORMED BY THE PSD DUE TO NO EXISTING DETACHING (SH) DATA."
- Accounting Disbursing Station Number (ADSN) Indicator on Activity Report has been relocated from Panel 1 to Panel 2.
- Activity Reports will have to be routed to a specific OPERID at the Personnel Support Detachment (PSD – Supporting ADSN) instead of being routed into the NSIPS TASKS and NOTIFICATIONS box, which goes to all Personnel Clerk(s)/Supervisor(s).
28 JAN 2017 – NSIPS 184.108.40.206 release expands CPPA capability:
- Create Extensions
- Create re-enlistment contracts
- Create retirement requests
- Make an extension operative (effective)
- Cancel an extension
- Create certain entitlements
- Create a Record of Unauthorized absence
- Create a Court Memorandum
- Create an Enlisted or Officer strength loss
- Start/Stop/Report Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE)
28 JUN 2016 -- NSIPS 1.4.6 release expands CPPA role:
- Create Honors and Awards, Personnel Qualification Standards (PQS), and Administrative Remarks (temporary or permanent). Note: These three components are electronically routed to all Personnel Supervisors within a servicing PSD for verification.
- Update and save member Address and Phone and Member Screening data to record whether a member’s Family Care Plan information is on file. These two components may be updated without PSD/CSD verification.
- Print the following NSIPS Standard Reports for your Unit Identification Code (UIC):
- Enlisted Distribution and Verification Report
- Projected Loss Report
- Prospective Gain Report
- Advancement Eligibility Report
- Alpha Locator
- Awards Eligibility Report
- Unit Commanders Financial Report
- Family Care Plan Report
Find a consolidated list of NSIPS news products HERE.