DUTIES, ROLES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise between the command and the Navy EO Office, Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI), and Naval Education and Training (NETC) Centers for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD).
- Conduct on-site CMEO program review of immediate subordinate commands. Ensure that commands, at a minimum, comply with the CMEO checklist.
- Coordinate with CPPD and learning sites to align resident and MTT training requirements for regional, CMEO and Command Training Team Indoctrination (CTTI) courses.
- Provide supplemental EO/CMEO training and assist visits to subordinate or regional commands as requested.
- Monitor headquarters/subordinate commands annual EO training.
- Monitor headquarters/subordinate command EO climate assessments and ensure Echelon 2 or 3 review and maintain executive summaries for historical files (3 years) .
- Monitor subordinate command's EO/SH message status.
- Review all subordinate command's formal administrative EO/SH complaints.
- Coordinate administrative actions with the Staff Judge Advocate, Inspector General, and staff assistants as necessary.
- Advise headquarters staff on all EO/SH policies and issues.
- Provide commanders a verbal and written brief/report of command and subordinate or regional command climate and areas of concern.
- Ensure subordinate-command EOAs receive annual follow-on training. This may be accomplished by symposium attendance, VTC training, etc.
- Provide command or regional guidance on all Department of Defense (DOD) national heritage observances for command, subordinate commands, and region (if applicable) .
- Maintain a current point of contact (POC) listing of subordinate command and regional EOAs.
- Conduct an annual review of subordinate commands' executive summaries, and provide a summary of areas of concern to the commander.