P452 Allocations And Statistics Branch
Our mission is to align, organize, and integrate our processes in support of Commander, Navy Personnel Command mission of manning the Fleet with ready Sailors - supporting their ability to serve from beginning to end.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
1. Allocates 1000/1050 designated billets among the Unrestricted Line (URL) communities using a fair-share distribution model based upon strength projections and officers rotating through the Billet Fill Decision (BFD) process.
2. Allocates Major, Captain, and Commander Command billets according to the apportionment specified by N-13 (OPNAVNOTE 5450).
3. Performs detailed ad hoc analysis of manning, manpower, and billet data to develop and execute highly complex queries to retieve data for information and decision support briefs. This includes numerous weekly personnel and file downloads.
4. Develops formats to accurately and concisely display distribution related metrics used to inform leadership of distribution inefficiencies reduce the number of gapped billets, and track and mitigate control grade officer shortages.
5. Recieves, compiles, prepares, and distributes monthly Officer Review Board (ORB) MEFF (Measure of Effectiveness) briefs and reports to Senior Naval Personnel Command (NPC) Flag Officers, Community Directors, Department Heads and designated stakeholders. Post monthly ORB/MEFF briefing data results to aid in the development of operational and budgetary planning decisions for Fiscal Year (FY) manning goals, objectives and projects.
6. Develop and distribute the Monthly Officer Status Report (MOSR) to numerous personnel throughout the Navy, which provides a detailed breakdown of all officers by designators and billets.
7. Develops diversity reports as requested.
8. Performs the following personnel database updates:
a. Pre-Commissioning Units/Detachments: Adminstrative transfer of personnel from to Hull Unit Identification Code (UIC) after commissioning.
b. Decommissioning Units: Monitors and cleans up decommissioning units prior to the deactivation of UIC.
c. Hull Swaps/Homeport Shifts: Coordinates with Manning Control Authority (MCA), Type Commander (TYCOM), Immediate Superior in Command (ISIC), Navy Personnel Command (Pers-4013), Units and applicable Pers codes.
d. Expired Estimated Date of Arrival (EDA): Performs gain/loss transactions for fleet units and Personnel Supoort Detachments (PSD).
9. Manages and provides administrative support of the NPC Quad-9 Speciality Billet Manning Program to include the analyzing, consulting, and facilitating of special officer billet allocations requests and inquiries from NPC Placement Manning Officers and Washington DC Total Naval Workforce Staff Managers IAW NPC Quad-9 program directives. Updates and maintains the Quad-9 Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual in order to provide quality customer service into Quad-9 billet transactions, policies, and manning.
10. Supports Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Command Priority Manning program by compiling various Manning Control Authority (MCA) metrics in regard to both shore and sea manning levels.
11. Updates and manages Permanent Change of Station (PCS) projection models to provide forcasting metrics to decision makers on expected PCS moves and obligations in future fiscal years.
12. Updates PCS summary slides which track PCS obligations and total move counts in support of monthly Health of Force (HOF) briefings.
13. Provides weekly summary of Overseas Contingency Operation (OCO) orders, Estimated Date of Departure (EDD) vs. orders release dates, and Temporary Duty under Instruction (TDI) spending levels for both active and reserve personnel.
14. Provides a monthly summary of all active duty sailors in a Limited Duty (LIMDU) status and officer Fit/Fill metrics to designated personnel.
15. Supports Pers-45 in compiling data related to Navy Subspecialty (Subspec) management.
16. Manages and coordinates quotas for officers attending the Space Cadre and Command Leadership Schools.
17. Serves as the Navy's Space Cadre POC and liaison at Navy Personnel Command.
18. Supports CNO travel by providing current manning and assignment statisics of commands to be visited.