P452 Allocations And Statistics Branch
Our mission is to align, organize, and integrate our processes in support of Commander, Naval Personnel command goals of MISSION FIRST, SAILORS ALWAYS.
PERS-452 - Branch Head
PERS-452 A/B - Enlisted Allocation and Statistics
1. Serves as CNO's reprsentative in the management of the CNO Priority Manning program. Specifically: Reviews, denies, or authorzies requests for CNO Priority 1 or 2 Manning, and actsas liaison between the Manning Control Authorities. Processes initial and continuation request for Priority 1 or 2 manning, and manages and annually publishes a consolidate list of activities authorized priority manning. Coordinates system changes and verifies accuracy of the Priority Manning Indicator Codes and Rate Control Rules. The manning codes are used to record approved enlisted priority manning activities accuraltey reflect authorization.
2. Provides support to the Enlisted Assignment division (Pers-40). Specifically, provide tools to ensure allocation of personnel is conducted in the best possible manner. These "tools" include the monthly Fleet Balance Report (FBR), Transitory NEC Allocation Methodology Module (TNECAM) and the Allocation Tracking Module (ATM).
3. Provides allocation guidance for directed special programs, such as Recruiting, Recruit Company Commanders, etc.
4. Serves on the Navy Enlisted Occupational Classification System (NEOCS) Board, dealing with rating mergers, absorption, establishments/disestablishments. Gather information, analyze impact, and make recommendations or proposed changes.
5. Ensure that the Enlisted Distribution Projection System (EDPRODJ) is maintained properly and will generatereliable information. EDPROJ determines Navy Manning Plan (NMP) needs the resouce the most. Once resources are allocated to the apprpriate MCA's, requisitions are generated in the Enlisted Personnel Requisition System (EPRES). Detailers then use EPRES to view requisitions and detail Sailors.
Pers-452C/D/E - Officer Allocation and Statistics
1. Compile statistics for use in the Officer Manning and Readiness Brief (OMR). This includes the following:
a. Conducting strength analysis for overall MPN manning and spcific community manning.
b. Analyze URL/RL/STAFF inventory and billet structure, providing a detailed picture of Body-to-Billet Sea/Shore alignment.
c. Provide data to assit placement and detailers in proper distribution of officers.
2. Allocate 1000/1050 designated billets among the URL communities using fair-share distribution model based upon strength projections and officers rotating (based on PRD).
3. Allocate Major, Captain, and Commander command billets according to the apportionment specified by N-13.
4. Point of contact in PERS to resolve conflicts and enforce distribution priorities in the scheduling of officers for the Leadership Training Continuum.
5. Provide monthly officer status report and billet scrubber.
PERS-452F - Senior Manpower Analyst
1. Coordinate and apply system changes to the following evolutions:
a. PRD Adjustments: apply global PRD adjustment for all Navy Personnel per revised sea/shore changes. Coordinate manual input of PRD changes with all detailers on rating/closed-loop NEC's.
b. PRE-COMM UNITS: Administrative transfer of personnel from PRE-COMMDET to Hull UIC after commissioning.
c. DE-COMM UNITS: Monitor and clean up decommissioning units prior to the deactivation of UIC.
d. Home port change: Coordinate with MCA, TYCOM, ISIC, UNITS and PERS Codes regarding ships changing home port.
e. DD/DDG/Hull Swap: Coordinate with MCA, TYCOM, ISIC, Pers-4013, UNITS, and PERS Codes since administrative transfer of personnel is accomplished by PERS-452.
f. Expired EDA: Perform gain/loss transactions for fleet units and PSD's.
PERS-452F1 - Manpower/Enl Rate Analyst: Assist Pers-452A/B/F
PERS-452F2/3 - Manpower/Statistical Analyst: Assist Pers-452A/B/C/D/E/F
PERS-452F4 - Manpower/EDPROJ II Ayatem Analyst: Assist Pers-452A/B/F
PERS-452F5 - Manpower/Enl Sea/Shore Rotation Analyst: Assists Pers-452A/B/F
Pers-452F6/7 - Manpower Analyst/Admin Assistant: Assist Pers-452A/B/C/D/E/F
NOTE: In the case of a change of mission but no geographic change, PERS-452 and the Manning Control Authority will coordinate the administrative transfer of the personnel. The commands should submit proper paperwork to their Manpower Claimant. In turn the Manpower Claimant will go through the Manning Control Authority, submitting a list of personnel to be transferred. The Manning Control Authority wil then ensure BA and NMP are in place at the new UIC. The Manning Control Authority will go though the list provided to them and remove members unders orders or who have FLTRES orders on file. Also, members within PRD window will be removed. Once the list is cleaned up, the Manning Control Authority will forward the list to Pers-452 directing and administrative transfer of personnel. The Manning Control Authority will also provide an Effective Date of Transferto PERS-452 which will be used as the transfer date. Upon reciept, PERS-452 will then transfer personnel.
Definitions and Acronyms:
BA - Billets Authorized
COB - Current Onboard
DMC C'BURG - Defense Mega Center, Chambersburg, PA
EAIS - Enlisted Assigment Information System
EDVR - Enlisted Distribution and Verification Report
EMF (EMR) - Enlisted Master File (or Record)
EPRES - Enlisted Personnel Requistion System
EDPROJ - Enlisted Distributable Projection System
End Strength - Number of Officer and Enlisted requirements which can be authorized(funded) based on approved budgets. End-strength is set forth for each activity in the FYDP.
HUMS - Himanitarian Transfer
LIMDU - Limited Duty
LOOMIS - Level of Operational Manning Information System
MCA - Manning Control Authority
MOE - Measure of Effectiveness
NMP - Navy Manning Plan
OAIS - Officer Assignment Information System
ODCR - Officer Distribution Control Report
ODIS - On-Line Distribition Information System
ODPROJ - Officer Distributiable Projection System
OMF (OMR) - Officer Master File (or Record)
PEP - Personnel Exchange Program
TFMM - Fotal Force Manpower Management System
TPPH - Transients, Patients, Prisioners, Holdees
QUAD 9 - Billets that are unfunded but allowed for command to check personnel onbaord if having problems with ordered billet. New commands that have no billets authorized yet, can request QUAD 9's to get started, however once billets are funded they must be switched to real Billet Sequence Codes. Others that fall under Quad 9's are LIMDU, HUMS, PEP, Student, TPH, ect....For a full list see the Billet Scrubber.