Pers-45 is the focal point between Navy Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPT&E) planners and assignment personnel, coordinating enlisted and officer assignment and distribution policy formulation and implementation between OPNAV and Pers-4.
Pers-451 ensures assignment and distribution policies and procedures are functional and implemented within BUPERS (Pers-4) and is responsible for:
· Formulation, coordination, updating, and monitoring assignment and distribution policies and procedures and promulgating changes in the MILPERSMAN and various other documents.
· Designating and reviewing enlisted/officer type duty (sea/shore codes).
· Determining and/or verifying sea/shore duty commencement dates.
· Maintaining a quality assurance team, analyzing and tracking officer and enlisted detailer compliance with DOD and Navy assignment and distribution policies and procedures, and maintaining records for DOD and Navy reporting requirements
· Tracking and analyzing improper overseas screening cases, obligated service discrepancies and other assignment and distribution issues, identifying assignment and distribution problem areas, and initiating policy reviews.
· Conducting assessments and tracking of requests for resignations, and release from active duty.
· Conducting and tracking Flag Level Reviews of assignments and providing QA, tracking, and recording systems for flag level waivers.
· Providing detailer and placement officer training.
· Secretarial authority to approve Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) waiver requests.
· Secretarial authority to approve Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) extension requests.
· Secretarial authority to approve Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) extension requests.
· Secretarial authority to approve Foreign Leave Travel requests.
· Coordinating issues that cross Pers-4 divisional lines and handling special projects and action items.