PRISONER VISITATION REGULATIONS
The following rules are designed in the interest of maintaining good order and discipline within the brig as well as your safety and that of the prisoners. Prisoners benefit from frequent visits with family and friends.
1. Visitation hours are held from 1345 – 1545 on Saturdays, Sundays & federal holidays.
2. Visitation outside these hours must be made by special request and is approved only in very unusual circumstances. Visitors should arrive 30 minutes prior for check-in (i.e., 1315) to ensure you receive the full time of your visit. A government-issued picture ID is required. Improperly attired persons will be refused entry. No cameras, personal music devices, food, beverages, or cell phones are permitted.
3. Do not bring items to give the person being visited. Prisoners are allowed to purchase items while confined at the brig. If there are items that the prisoner wishes to obtain, you may leave funds to be deposited into the prisoner's account. The only forms of funds that may be deposited are: cash, cashier's check, or money order.
4. Plan your visits. Do not surprise the person being visited. It may be upsetting to them. Prisoners may also elect to not receive personal visitors.
5. Visitors will show picture identification, read and acknowledge these regulations and sign the Visitors Log before visitation will be granted.
6. Lockers are provided at no cost for visitors to place handbags, diaper bags, coats, packages, etc. Large objects such as baby strollers or car seats must be secured in your vehicle.
7. Visitors are not permitted to exchange (give or receive) anything directly with a prisoner. Do not bring any items to exchange or give to the person you are visiting without having prior written approval.
8. Prisoners are permitted a brief embrace, kiss, or handshake at the beginning and end of each visit. Holding of hands above the table is permitted during the visit. No other physical contact is permitted.
9. Prisoners are permitted to hold their children if they are under age 5.
10. Visitors with children may bring in 1 bottle, 1 blanket, 1 book, 1 non-electronic toy per child. No other food items are allowed. Items must be approved by the Visitation Watch Supervisor. Private rooms are available for breastfeeding (contact the Visitation Watch Supervisor). Visitation will not be extended due to breastfeeding
11. Prisoners are responsible for the conduct of their visitors. Children are the responsibility of the visitor.
12. Unmarried visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
13. All visitors will wear clothing and footwear that are in good taste and in accordance with military requirements for appropriate civilian attire. The following civilian attire is considered inappropriate for visitation:
• Clothing in poor repair (no holes or tears). No sweat suits/PT gear.
• Excessively tight or revealing.
• Cut-offs/un-hemmed shorts/shorts shorter than mid-thigh.
• Bare feet; stilettos or heels over 3 inches.
• Shirts displaying midriff/undergarments/obscenities/pornography/drugs/alcohol.
• Undershirts as an outer garment/tank tops/see-through articles of any kind.
14. Intoxicated or impaired visitors will not be permitted to visit.
15. Visitors using profanity, making lewd gestures, or behaving lasciviously will have their visit terminated.
16. Violation of prisoner rules will result in the visit being terminated and possible restriction placed on future visits.
17. The Brig Officer-In-Charge/Assistant Officer-In-Charge or the Brig Duty Officer reserves the right to disapprove anyone visitation.
Naval Consolidated Brig Miramar Detachment Pearl Harbor is located in Bldg. 462 onboard Ford Island Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Entry to the base can be gained through Kamehameha Highway towards Ford Island/Admiral Clarey Bridge.
1. If you are driving southbound Kamehameha Highway from Aiea towards Honolulu, turn right towards Ford Island/Admiral Clarey Bridge (gate access Military ID required). If you are driving northbound Kamehameha Highway from the Airport towards Aiea, turn left towards Ford Island/Admiral Clarey Bridge (gate access Military ID required).
2. Enter the next roundabout and continue onto Chafee Blvd.
3. At the end of the road, turn right towards Wasp Blvd, about 250 meters ahead, the Brig is located your left side.
Visitors with military identification and current base vehicle registration will be allowed access without having to obtain a visitor’s pass. Visitors without military identification may obtain a vehicle/visitor pass through Pass and Decal office located at the Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam- Pearl Harbor side; you will be asked for a valid driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of vehicle insurance to obtain a temporary pass.
VISITATION LOCATION: The visitor's entrance to the brig is located in Bldg. 462 at the main door. A staff member will be at the quarterdeck to conduct check-in/check-out.