The Every Sailor, Every Day campaign launched during 2014 Suicide Prevention Month and continues to serve as Navy's core Suicide Prevention and Operational Stress Control communications campaign. Through an array of digital communications (social media, videos and audience interaction) the campaign educates Sailors on strategies to navigate stress, recognize risk, seek help and intervene early, while promoting proactive engagement and open communication.
In September 2015, Navy Suicide Prevention launched a new message as part of the campaign, encouraging simple actions that can make a difference or perhaps save a life. "1 Small ACT"--based on Navy’s Ask Care Treat (ACT) model--ties into the broader collaborative communications efforts between the armed forces, Dept. of Defense Suicide Prevention Office (DSPO) and Veterans Affairs (VA) to promote the Power of 1 concept.
The following tools are available to support local engagement throughout the year, re-energizing commitments to support every Sailor, every day.
- 1 Small ACT Toolkit: This downloadable toolkit includes printable infographics, social media graphics and sample messages, plan of the day notes, talking points, event and engagement ideas, and more [link].
- 1 Small ACT Photo Gallery: Members of the Navy community and general public can submit photos holding up the 1 Small ACT sign, personalized with an example of a small act that can make a difference or save a life. Photos submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org will be posted to the 1 Small ACT Photo Gallery on the Navy Operational Stress Control Facebook page upon review and approval.
- Submission guidelines [link]
- 1 Small ACT sign [link]
- 1 Small ACT Public Service Announcement: 59-second PSA by Rear Adm. Ann Burkhardt, Director, 21st Century Sailor Office [link]
- Every Sailor, Every Day Video: Produced by the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, this video can be used to augment local training or educational efforts. DVD copies will be provided to command suicide prevention coordinators at no cost.
- Full length video (17 minutes) [link]
- 29-second trailer for sharing on social media [link]
- Lifelink Newsletter: Suicide Prevention Coordinators receive Lifelink Newsletter at the beginning of each month. The newsletter features new campaign content as well as relevant news and resources to strengthen local Suicide Prevention Program efforts. To subscribe to Lifelink, email email@example.com
- Ongoing social media communications: Follow us on Facebook, Wordpress and Twitter for updates and additional content that you can share with your shipmates and families.
For more information and to learn how you can partner with the Every Sailor, Every Day campaign, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update: November 3, 2015