Production Management Office (PMO)
The PMO functions as the Operations Center for the Navy Enlisted Supply Chain (NESC) and serves as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in support of the Chief of Naval Personnel's (CHNAVPERS) Navy Supply Chain business strategy by developing, institutionalizing, and efficiently administering Supply Chain Management for enhanced Fleet readiness. The PMO is focused on process improvement through the implementation of disciplined supply chain operations methodologies in the Navy Enlisted Accessions Supply Chain (NEASC).
In its role as the NESC Operations Center, it is important to recognize PMO was not created to replace any stakeholder role or function; but rather to properly connect, coordinate, and empower the individual Stakeholder agencies to operate at their optimum levels in the STF supply chain pipeline.
In the role of Supply Chain Operations Center, PMO:
- Is annually responsible for the production flow of 30,000 - 35,000 recruits
- Works in collaboration with the stakeholder partners to ensure the processes that produce the Navy enlisted workforce are as efficient and effective as possible
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) for supply chain business processes
- Collaborates with MPTE organizations to:
- Identify barriers and inefficiencies
- Perform analysis based upon industry standards
- Recommend solutions to more effectively deliver fully qualified Sailors to the Fleet
- Manages training quotas for the enlisted accession pipeline
- Manages the reclassification process to ensure the personnel entering the Navy satisfy critical Fleet needs