Interested applicants must be aware of requirements associated with inter-service transfers, as outlined in MILPERSMAN 1300-082. Applicants shall work with their current command and the SEAL OCM to ensure proper application package submittal and processing. Complete packages must be submitted through an applicant’s service chain of command for approval, with a copy concurrently sent to the SEAL OCM to ensure delayed staffing does not preclude SEAL board evaluation. If selected for an inter-service commission, an applicant’s final selection is not official until the losing service and gaining service approve the request. Proper routing is the responsibility of the applicant. Packages are due to SEAL OCM (SEAL_OCM@navy.mil) in the year prior to an applicant’s commissioning. Approval of losing service is due not later than 01 March of the applicant’s commissioning year. The inter-service commission process differs for each service. Cadets and /or midshipmen shall coordinate package submission with their chain of command.
• See • Notification of selection processed through your chain-of-command.• , Section 105 – eye requirements on pages 32 and 91.
• See Important Dates
• Notification of selection processed through your chain-of-command.Medical Requirements
• MANMED P-117 Chapter 15
, Section 105 – eye requirements on pages 32 and 91.
• SECNAVINST 1000.7F - Interservice Transfer of Commissioned Officers.
• MILPERSMAN 1300-082 - Interservice Transfer of an Officer into the Navy.
• MILPERSMAN 1210-220 - General requirements.
• OPNAVINST 1420.1B - General requirements.
• MILPERSMAN 1220-410 - PST requirements.
• Air Force
• Marine Corps
• Coast Guard
• Public Health Service
SEAL Officer Application Contents
1. Application Letter for Inter-service Commission to NSW: example.
2. Commanding Officer’s Inter-service Commission Endorsement Letter (conditional release from parent service): example.
3. Complete NSW Applicant Questionnaire.
4. Statement of Understanding: example.
5. Photograph: a color photo of the applicant in uniform—with or without cover and either full or 3/4 length—is optional, although strongly encouraged. Attach photo to the provided form and fill out blocks 1 through 6.
6. Report of Applicant Screening: example. The Physical Screening Test (PST) and pressure test is recorded on this form by a SEAL officer or officer at your command.
7. Copy of Master Personnel Record.
8. Resume or Curriculum Vitae. There is no specific format required. Include accurate contact information.
9. Official College Transcript
10. No more than two (2) Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- The LOR should not solely be character references. These should be used as a tool to highlight your accomplishments, experiences, and leadership potential.
- There is not a required format for LOR. Address the LOR to "President, SEAL Officer Selection Panel". Direct questions and mail completed packages to “SEAL Officer Community Manager”, in accordance with the guidance for package submission.
11. DD2807: medical history.
**EKG/ECG must be completed**
12. DD2808: medical exam stamped PQ for diving duty.
**Dive medical officer signature is preferred but not required on physical to attend summer cruise but is required for final accession into NSW**
**Submit Package to SEAL_OCM@navy.mil**
**Please encrypt any e-mails containing PII and ensure compliance of your command's PII guidance. If you do choose to send unencrypted e-mails containing your PII understand the risk involved**