FAO Community information is linked below.
Lateral Transfer/Redesignation to FAO (1710)
Officers interested in redesignating to the FAO Community should:
1. Visit the PERS-803 webpage for general information and procedures relative to lateral transfer/redesignation boards.
2. Refer to the FAO-specific application requirements and guidance listed below.
FAO Application Requirements
All applicants must have:
- Overseas suitability screening completed (to NAVCENT standards)
- SF-86 completed indicating eligibility for TS/SCI clearance
- Minimum of 8 years of commissioned service (limited waivers granted by OCM on case-by-case basis for highly qualified candidates).
- Minimum standard DLAB score (currently 95)
- Candidates should be within 18 months of PRD to be accepted as a FAO.
- Candidates must be available for overseas PCS at next PRD.
For further information regarding the community please contact CDR Whitsitt at (901) 874-3694.