SHIP SERVICEMEN RATING (SH)
Greetings from Millington! For those of you whom I have not had the pleasure of meeting, I’m SHCS Sanchez, the E7- E9 Rating Lead Detailer.
Notes from the SH Detailing Team
• PRD Management and Negotiating Window. It’s highly recommended that you read NAVADMIN 226/12. You are allowed to submit up to 15 applications - 5 per month. Do not submit only one application each month. Failure to provide input may result in assignment to a job without the sailor’s desire consideration.
• NAVPERS 1306/7- Spouse Collocation, Extension onboard OTEIP request, etc. As a reminder, all requests should be submitted 12 months before your PRD.
• Establish a CMS/ID account; get with your Command Career Counselor to set up your account.
• Be flexible in choosing your next assignment.
• Read NAVADMIN 361/12 for the latest SSF. Ensure to read note J for those who qualified.
For more information, contact your detailer to learn more about a challenging and rewarding tour for the SH rating.
Maintenance and Material Management (3-M) Coordinators at Sea (3MC)
Are there no in-rate billets available for you at sea? Are you a highly motivated leader and desire increased responsibility and challenge? Do you desire an assignment to a specific geographical area? Consider assignment as a 3MC. Contact your detailer to determine your eligibility. Remember – your detailer must release you to the 3MC Detailer before he (the 3MC Detailer) can discuss specific duty station assignments with you. Check out the 3MC webpage for additional information.
Current Sea/Shore Flow
Tour Sea Shore
1st tour 55 months 36 months
2nd tour 54 months 36 months
3rd tour 48 months 36 months
4th tour 42 months 36 months
All other tours 36 months 36 months
VE + AR = 95
"A" School Information
Meridan, MS 26 days
Points of Contact
SHCS Sanchez - Lead SH - E-7 to E-9 Detailer
SH1 Davison - E-1 to E-6 "A & C" School Detailer