PERSONNEL SPECIALIST (PS)
*** We are seeking motivated PSCs and PS1s to return to sea via SDIP and VSDP ***
Notes from the PS Detailing Team:
• Effective 4 March, 2013, the PS rating in pay grades E-5 through E-9 are eligible for Sea Duty Incentive Pay (SDIP) if extending beyond current Prescribed Sea Tour (PST), completing back-to-back sea tours, or curtailing a shore tour to return to sea. Refer to SDIP for additional information.
• While SDIP provides monetary incentive to return or remain at sea, the Voluntary Sea Duty Program (VSDP) provides Sailors with an opportunity to negotiate for a specific location if billets are available. Refer to NAVADMINs 229/12, 205/12, and 043/12 for information regarding VSDP.
• There are significant changes to CMS/ID and the order selection process. It is imperative that Sailors negotiating for orders remain flexible and prepared to relocate. Refer to NAVADMIN 226/12 for additional information.
• Refer to NAVADMIN 361/12 for information regarding PS sea/shore flow.
• If you are interested in sea or shore special programs, contact your detailer to discuss your options. Although recruiting and RDC availability is limited due to the size of our community, we have Classifier positions throughout the country for Sailors completing their sea tour.
**Command representatives should visit Placement Management for command specific assistance.**
Current Sea Shore Flow:
Tour Sea Shore
1st tour 48 months 36 months
2nd tour 48 months 36 months
3rd Tour 42 months 36 months
All other tours 36 months 36 months
VE + MK = 105
"A" School Information
Meridian, MS 55 days