LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (LS)
***We are looking for motivated LS2's and LSCS's to return to sea via SDIP and E-4 to E-8 via VSDP ***
Please refer to Enlisted Detailing or email the LS Lead Detailer for additional information on this Sailorization billet.
Notes from the LS Detailing Team
• As of 4 March 2013, the LS rating in pay grades E-5 and E-8 are eligible for the Sea Duty Incentive Pay (SDIP) if extending beyond current Prescribed Sea Tour (PST), completing back-to-back sea tours, or curtailing a shore tour to return to sea. To read all about SDIP go to NPC Web Page-Career Info-Pay And Benefits-SDIP.
• * While SDIP provides monetary incentive to return or remain at sea, the Voluntary Sea Duty Program (VSDP) provides Sailors with an opportunity to negotiate for a specific location if billets are available. Refer to NAVADMINs 229/12, 205/12, and 043/12 for information regarding VSDP.
• There are significant changes to CMS/ID and the process to how Sailors are selected for billets as advertised on CMS/ID. It is critical that you understand the new selection process. Please see NAVADMIN 226/12 for further information.
• We have immediate openings for career enhancing billets for Recruit Divisions Commanders and recruiters. There are substantial monetary and other benefits available for these Sailorization billets. Go to RDC and Recruiting for benefits and eligibility requirements.
• Sailors interested in applying for Instructor Duty billets as advertised on CMS/ID should review MILPERSMAN articles 1306-900 (Assignment of Enlisted Personnel to Special Programs) and 1306-953 (Instructor Duty) for minimum eligibility requirements for assignment.
• There will be several changes to Fleet Ride PTS system. Refer to NAVADMIN 021/13 for changes.
• The Logistic Support (LS) rating is a new rating being established, effective October 1, 2009 by merging the Storekeeper (SK) and the Postal Clerk
(PC) ratings. For details, see Navy Administrative Message 326/08. Aviation Storekeeper (AK) had previously merged with Storekeeper (SK) in January 2003.
***Commands should visit Placement Management (PERS-4013) for questions regarding billets advertised on CMS/ID***
Current Sea/Shore Flow:
Tour Sea Shore
1st Tour 54 months 36 months
2nd Tour 48 months 36 months
3rd Tour 42 months 36 months
All other tours 36 months 36 months
VE + AR = 102
"A" School Information:
Meridan, MS 40 Days