Recruit Division Commander (NEC-9508)
WANTED: Hard charging Navy professionals to transform civilians into Sailors. E5 & above are eligible for the #1 Sailorization and Mentoring shore duty that the Navy has to offer. In addition to the immeasurable professional development and personal gratification, RDC's enjoy a historical promotion rate of almost twice that of the Navy’s average as well as SDAP and post tour choice of coast. If you have any questions about becoming a RDC contact the Shore Special Program Detailer (PERS-4010D) at DSN: 882-3855/COMM: 901-874-3855.
Applicants must meet the following requirements as a minimum to be assigned to RDC duty:
- Able to lead physical fitness training on a daily basis
- Outstanding appearance in uniform
- Warfare qualified. (Waivers may be granted on a case by case basis)
- Articulate and professional
- PO2s must have six years TIS, two years TIR prior to getting orders (no exceptions)
- Outstanding leadership and imaginative problem-solving skills
- No NJP's or any evaluation mark below 3.0 in past 36 months (no exceptions)
- Must have passed most recent PFA and be with in current height/weight standards (no exceptions) and have passed most current PRT with a good low or better and have participated in the 1.5 mile run.
Some of the benefits of RDC duty are:
- $450 per month Special Duty Assignment Pay
- Additional annual clothing allowance of $220
- Free dry cleaning services while actively training a Recruit Division
- Opportunity to earn a Master Training Specialist qualification (similar to warfare qual on shore duty)
- Advancement rate to Chief and Senior Chief close to double the Navy-wide average for advancement
- Perhaps the best leadership job in the Navy
- New state of the art facilities and equipment
- Per the ACE evaluation, RDC's will earn up to 24 college credits, both upper and lower towards a bachelor's degree
Please submit all screening packages, pictures and waiver documents to the RDC detailers listed below.
For additional information you may contact:
YNCS(SW/AW) Michael Campbell 901-874-3878/DSN 882-3878