Naval Academy/Preparatory School/Officer Candidate School Company Chief Petty Officer (NEC-9508)
Shape the future of your Navy. The United States Naval Academy Preparatory School and Officer Candidate School are looking for high caliber, dynamic Chief Petty Officers to train, counsel and motivate young Cadets, Candidates and Midshipmen. As a Company Chief Petty Officer you will have a direct impact upon the proper development of Cadets, Candidates and Midshipmen as they work to become Officers. You will be expected to facilitate strong communications up and down the chain of command and demonstrate to Cadets and Candidates through personal example the core values of the Navy and what it means to serve in the United States Armed Forces.
The following are the minimum screening requirements:
- Be in paygrade E-7 or above
- Be Warfare qualified. Waiver on a case by case basis.
- Have completed a minimum activity tour or two years (or DOD tour where applicable)
- Screen for 9508 duty as outlined in MILPERSMAN 1306/954
- Must be mature and well seasoned as a CPO, in great physical shape able to conduct exercise on a daily basis with Midshipman
Some of the benefits of Company Chief duty are:
- $375 per month Special Duty Assignment Pay
- Opportunity to earn a Master Training Specialist qualification (similar to warfare qual on shore duty)
- Advancement rate to Senior Chief and Master Chief close to double the Navy-wide average for advancement
- Perhaps the best leadership job in the Navy
- Per the ACE evaluation, RDC's will earn up to 24 college credits, both upper and lower towards a bachelor's degree
For additional information you may contact:
HM1(FMF) McCullough 901-874-3855/DSN 882-3855