LSC(SW) Moease Knox
CS/LS E1 - E7 FTS Detailer
Notes from the Detailer
Please ensure you log onto CMS-ID when you are in your PRD window to apply for billets. Remember, you can apply for up to 5 billets per month. If you do not have access to view the advertised billets, you can communicate with me via email or phone and I will gladly assist you. Let me know what you are interested in applying for and I will submit the applications for you if you or your Career Counselor do not have access.
- If you are on sea duty, you can plan to go to shore duty and vice versa. Understand however, there may be times when there is a shortage of FTS sea going billets particularly for the LS's. If that is the case, aim to do something different in your career within our community, i.e. Staff Command, NOSC, Seabee Unit, ASD/FLC, or Instructor Duty. My motto is: A diverse Navy career will help immensely with your professional growth and development as a Sailor.
- Please make sure you read NAVADMIN 226/12 so that you have a clear understanding of the negotiation / detailing process. There are few important changes that have been implemented since you were last detailed.
- If you are interested in converting over to FTS LS or CS, please contact the Enlisted Community Manager for detailed guidance about conversion opportunities. The ECM can be reached at 1-866-U-ASK-NPC (827-5672).
I look forward to working with you all! Have a GREAT NAVY DAY!!!
**APPLICATIONS FOR LS AND CS DETAILER POSITION**
1. BUREAU OF NAVAL PERSONNEL IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONNEL INTERESTED IN THE FTS LS AND CS DETAILER POSITION.
2. PERSONNEL MUST BE A CHIEF WITHIN THE LS OR CS RATING IN THE FTS COMMUNITY AND SERVED ON BOARD THEIR CURRENT COMMAND FOR 24 MONTHS AS OF AUGUST 2015. APPLICATIONS SHALL CONSIST OF NAVPERS 1306/7 (PERSONNEL ACTION REQUEST), NAVPERS 1306/92 (SPECIAL PROGRAMS SCREENING FORM, ALL SECTIONS EXCEPT D1, D4, AND D10-D13), LAST THREE EVALS, LAST THREE YEARS PHYSICAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT RESULTS, RECENT THREE-QUARTER VIEW FULL LENGTH PHOTOGRAPH APPROXIMATELY 5” X 7” IN SERVICE KHAKIS UNIFORM (IF THERE ARE ANY VISIBLE TATTOOS PROVIDE CLOSE UP PICTURE OF EACH AND A DESCRIPTION OF WHAT THE TATTOO(S) SIGNIFY), AND ENDORSEMENT BY COMMANDING OFFICER (ON LETTERHEAD) AND COMMAND MASTER CHIEF. ENDORSEMENTS SHALL INCLUDE AT A MINIMUM, CURRENT HEIGHT/WEIGHT/BODY FAT PERCENTAGE AND SHALL STATE WHETHER OR NOT THE SAILOR HAS ANY PENDING PACKAGES AND/OR HAS RECEIVED LETTER OF INDEBTEDNESS IN THE LAST 36 MONTHS.
3. POTENTIAL CANDIDATES SHALL CONTACT RATING DETAILER PRIOR TO SUBMISSION OF PACKAGE TO DISCUSS ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS. POTENTIAL CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 24 MONTHS ONBOARD CURRENT COMMAND AS OF AUGUST 2015.
4. DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS 12 DECEMBER 2014. SELECTION WILL BE MADE APPROXIMATELY 30 JANUARY 2015. SELECTEE WILL BE ISSUED PCS ORDERS TO REPORT OCTOBER 2015 TO MILLINGTON, TN.
5. EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION IN ADOBE PDF FORMAT AND PHOTO IN JPEG FORMAT TO LAUREN.LYLE@NAVY.MIL.//