YNC(IDW/SW) Felipe Garcia
YN E1 - E7 FTS Detailer
Diversity in assignments is key to a well-rounded FTS Yeoman for optimal career progression. Do not be afraid to change platforms or to take on the jobs that may seem "out of your comfort zone." It's not about where you are stationed, it's about what you do when you are there.
.5 Keys to the Detailing process:
1. Communicate with your Detailer early.
2. Update your personal information on CMS/ID (especially phone number and email).
3. Select up to 5 jobs during each month of the negotiating process.
4. Read NAVAMDIN 226/12!
5. Be flexible when choosing duty stations.
.If you have questions concerning the detailing process, please ensure that you seek out guidance from your Chain of Command. Furthermore, don't hesitate to call or email me directly if you have questions about career diversity and progression. Communication is the key to success and it's very important that you relay information in the appropriate manner.
Please feel free to contact me, I encourage it, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an open mind, your career is what you make it.
PSCS(SW/AW) AJ Cunha
NC/PS E1 - E7 FTS Detailer
Notes from the Detailer:
The Full Time Support (FTS) PS and NC community is comprised mostly of shore duty billets. Selecting a diverse career path is important for advancement, obtaining knowledge and a successful career. Examples of available shore duty billets are: Navy Operational Support Centers (NOSC), Regional Component Commands (RCC), Flag Duty, Navy Recruit Processing Centers, Navy Recruiting Districts, and various NECC commands. Overseas and sea duty opportunities are limited but available.
Detailer Guidance: Keep an open mind regarding types of duty and location to continue career progression. Prior to entering your detailing negotiation window, ensure the following is up-to-date and reflecting in CMS-ID:
- Your CMS-ID preferences and contact information
- Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Status
- NAVPERS 1306/7 for Spouse Co-Location (Mil-to-Mil)
- Review and understand NAVADMIN 226/12
Call and email! I am here to assist as your advocate - Communicate EARLY, OFTEN and CLEARLY before and during the detailing process!
Steps for Active Duty to FTS Conversions:
- Notification via C-WAY to convert to FTS Program
- Reenlist into FTS Program
Note: Ensure reenlistment contract reflects "Branch
Class 32 or USNR"
- Upon reenlistment, contact FTS Rating Detailer for
available billets and negotiate next set of PCS orders.
System must reflect "Branch Class 32" before orders
can be issued
Please feel free to contact me at via email at email@example.com