Information Systems Technician, Submarines (ITS/C260)
ITS Community Overview
ITS Career Path
- The duties performed by ITs include designing, installing, operating and maintaining state-of-the-art information systems technology including local and wide area networks, mainframe, mini and microcomputer systems and associated peripheral devices.
- Writing programs to handle the collection, manipulation and distribution of data for a wide variety of applications and requirements.
- Performing the functions of a computer system analyst.
operating and coordinating telecommunications systems including automated networks and the full spectrum of data links and circuits.
- Transmitting, receiving, operating, monitoring, controlling and processing all forms of telecommunications through various transmission media including global networks.
- Applying diagnostic, corrective and recovery techniques to all facets of the integrated information systems;
maintaining all necessary logs, files and publications at the communications center.
- Providing telecommunications and computer-related training and assistance to a wide variety of personnel.