UT Community Overview
UT Career Path
Utilitiesman work with plumbing, heating, steam, compressed air, fuel storage, and distribution systems. Their work also includes water treatment and distribution systems, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, and sewage collecting and disposal facilities at Navy shore installations around the world. This is a 5-year enlistment program.
What They Do
The duties performed by UTs include:
- installing and maintaining systems requiring plumbing and pipe fitting skills;
- installing, operating and repairing heating, piping, ventilation and air conditioning systems;
- operating and maintaining water and wastewater systems and treatment plants;
- identifying and carrying out procedures to limit or minimize the adverse effects of environmental pollution
- reading and interpreting blueprints and preparing sketches for projects;
- making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
UTs may work in a variety of conditions, independently or as members of a large team. Their many different duties may be performed in climates ranging from desert to arctic.
ASVAB: AR + MK + EI + GS = 201