EO Community Overview
EO Career Path
Equipment Operators operate heavy transportation and construction equipment including, trucks, bulldozers, backhoes, graders, forklifts, cranes and asphalt equipment. This is a 5-year enlistment program.
What They Do
The duties performed by EOs include:
- operating a wide variety of heavy-duty, self-propelled construction equipment for projects including, building construction, roadway construction, pier construction, grading and excavation;
- performing minor maintenance on equipment to ensure safe, efficient operation;
- serving as members of a crane crew to rig cable assemblies and change attachments for various lifting and pile-driving operations;
- preparing operational reports on equipment;
- operate rock crushing and well-drilling equipment;
- perform as blasters for construction projects.
- reading and interpreting blueprints and preparing sketches for projects;
- making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
EOs may work in a variety of conditions, independently or as members of a large team. Their many different duties may be performed in climates ranging from desert to arctic.
AR + MC + AS = 145
Must have normal color perception
Valid state driver's license, NO DUI - 1 yr, NO major accidents