Cryptologic Technician - Collection (CTR)
CTR Community Overview
CTR Career Path
CTRs perform a variety of duties worldwide at numerous overseas and stateside shore commands, aboard surface ships, aircraft and submarines. Duties include performing collection, analysis and reporting on communication signals using computers, specialized computer-assisted communications equipment, video display terminals and electronic/magnetic tape recorders.What They Do
The duties performed by CTRs include:
- providing in-depth analysis on a variety of complex digital communications signals using sophisticated communications equipment and computer technology to provide critical intelligence information
- providing analysis and technical guidance and targeting information to weapons systems while assigned to ships and submarines
- possible assignment to a three-year tour of duty to selected ships homeported at Virginia, Florida, California, Washington, Hawaii, and Japan
- operating sophisticated state-of-the-art strategic and tactical signals collection and analysis systems
- locating ships, aircraft and submarines using sophisticated direction finding technology
- originating reports and briefs for operational commanders both ashore and afloat.
CTR functions are performed at various shore activities and aboard ships, submarines or aircraft.
- ASVAB: VE + AR = 110
- Must have normal hearing
- SSBI required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Notes SSBI originated at RTC. Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Moral turpitude offense(s) are generally disqualifying. Personal security screening interview will be conducted by a Naval Network Warfare Command special security representative. Former members of the Peace Corps are not eligible. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED, CPT, home study or other equivalency).
CTR TECHAD (901) 874-2286