Cryptologic Technician - Maintenance (CTM)
CTM Community Overview
CTM Career Path
The Cryptologic Technician Maintenance branch offers a career in the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and repair of state-of-the-art electronic, computer, and network hardware and software systems.
What They Do
The duties of the CTM include:
- perform hardware and software isolation and repair of state-of-the-art electronic, computer and network equipment and related systems using complex test and analysis equipment, diagnostic software, hand tools and technical publications
- perform computer and electronic system hardware and software installation, configuration and modification
- analyze the configuration and monitor the operation of computer telecommunications and networking systems
- maintain fleet cryptologic permanent and carry-on direct support systems required in special land, sea surface and subsurface operations
CTM are assigned to equipment installation activities, electronic maintenance, and computer networking system departments and divisions. They may be assigned to either day work or shift work in a large facility or one of the individual or two-person independent duty assignments at sea or ashore. Departments and divisions are usually divided into specialized maintenance shops and are normally air-conditioned, well-lighted, and completely equipped.
- ASVAB: MK + EI + GS + AR = 223 Minimum MK = 57 Minimum AR = 57
- Must have normal color perception
- Must have normal hearing
- SSBI required
- 48 month obligation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
All candidates must be high school graduates or equivalent with successful completion of 10th grade. Applicant must be U.S. citizen. Moral turpitude offense(s) are generally disqualifying. Personal security screening interview will be conducted by a Naval Cyber Forces Command special security representative. Former members of the Peace Corps are not eligible. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED, CPT, home study or other equivalency).
CTM TECHAD (901) 874-3870