INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE
1. Current changes you need to know. All personnel in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) - Active Status Pool (ASP) will be impacted by the recent implementation of Department of Defense (DoD) mandated cyber security measures. A growing number of DoD sites are now only accessible via a Common Access Card (CAC). This includes BUPERS Online and Navy Knowledge Online.
- Your Individual Ready Reserve Annual Screening formerly found on BOL can now be accessed at:
Individual Ready Reserve Annual Screening (NAVPERS 1080/3)
In order to successfully view and record your responses on this "fillable" PDF document, ensure you are using Adobe Reader 9.1 or higher. This unencrypted form may be transmitted via e-mail to: PERS-9_Muster@Navy.mil or submitted via conventional mail to: Navy Personnel Command, ATTN PERS 93, 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington, TN 38055-9000. Mailing is encouraged since it provides the best protection for your personal data, and any responses deemed sensitive. The use of a facsimile (fax machine) is not a secure means to transmit your personal information, and is not recommended. If documents must be faxed, a Privacy Act Data Cover Sheet (DD form 2923) must precede your annual screening. You must contact an IRR Counselor at 1-800-535-2699 to request the PERS-93 fax number and also to verify receipt. Your date of submission will be your effective date of compliance.
- Your Civilian Employment Information (CEI) survey, formerly located on BOL can now be accessed at:
Your access begins at the “login” tab. You are required to update this information annually per the DoDM 7730.54 Volume 1, Enclosure 7. Your data is retained by the Defense Manpower Data Center.
- Your primary source for Non-Resident training courses is now:
Remember, user accounts that have not been accessed with the past 30 days have been deactivated. You must contact the NRTC help-desk at 1-877-264-8583 or e-mail NRTC@navy.mil to have your account re-instated prior to enrolling in a course.
- Additional courses, not requiring a CAC, can be found at:
Naval Dental School, Bethesda, MD: http://www.bethesda.med.navy.mil
Naval War College, Newport, RI: http://www.nwc.navy.mil
Naval Postgraduate School: http://www.nps.edu/
- Your Annual Retirement Point Record/Annual Statement of Service History can be retrieved by contacting:
NPC Customer Service Center at 1-866-U-ASK-NPC
2. Organizational structure. The Navy Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) is a force that consists of personnel who must fulfill their Military Service Obligation (MSO) under Title 10, United States Code, 651, and members fulfilling a service obligation incurred via contract.
The IRR is subdivided into the Active Status Pool (ASP) and the Volunteer Training Unit (VTU). The ASP is a manpower pool consisting of individuals who have previously served in the active component or in the Selected Reserves (SELRES) and now serve in a non-pay, non-drill status. NAVPERSCOM (PERS-93) is responsible for ASP screening and management. The VTU consists of personnel, organized into units, who serve in a non-pay, drill requirement status. Navy Operational Support Centers (NOSCs), under the cognizance of NAVRESFORCOM, are responsible for the continual screening and management of their attached VTUs.
Inquiries may be directed to IRR_Counselor@navy.mil.