MGIB Booster Program
Details of the MGIB Increased Benefit Program (Booster) can be found in NAVADMIN 103/01 . You must enroll through your personnel office.
- Entered on active duty after 30 June 1985.
- Enrolled in MGIB at initial entry onto active duty by signing a DD Form 2366 (Montgomery GI Bill Act of 1984).
- Members who have the Navy College Fund are also eligible to contribute to the Booster Program.
You are not eligible if
- You are enrolled in MGIB because of VEAP or Vietnam-era conversion.
- You are enrolled in MGIB after a qualifying involuntary separation.
- You are enrolled in MGIB during the MGIB open period from 1 December 1988 - 30 June 1989.
You may contribute up to $600 to receive an increased MGIB monthly benefit equal to one dollar for each four dollars contributed. For example, if you contribute the maximum of $600, you will receive an additional $150 per month on top of your basic MGIB monthly benefit (for full-time enrollment off active duty). This would equal an additional $5,400 if you use your MGIB over the maximum of 36 months. If you contribute $200, your monthly increased benefit is $50 per month (an additional $1,800 over 36 months).
You must contribute while on active duty.
Visit your personnel office to check eligibility and enroll. You must make the additional contributions while on active duty. Enrollment procedures are in NAVADMIN 103/01. Officer personnel who do not have field service records should ask the personnel office to contact PERS-314G at 1-866-U-ASK-NPC.