Career Waypoints (C-WAY)
The Career Navigator (C-NAV) Program promulgates policy affecting enlisted career management and identifies processes designed to promote Sailor involvement in their careers.
The Career Waypoints (C-WAY) system (formerly Fleet RIDE) is the IT system that supports key Sailor decisions about their next career choice. The following enlisted career management processes are supported by the C-WAY system:
- Reenlistment (formerly PTS/Perform to Serve) – C-WAY automatically generates most reenlistment applications based on a Sailor’s Projected Rotation Date (PRD) or proximity to the end of their enlistment contract (End of Active Obligated Service, as extended (SEAOS)). See NAVADMIN 021/13 below.
- PACT Designation (formerly REGA/Rating Entry for General Apprentice) – C-WAY PACT Designation (formerly Fleet RIDE-REGA) auto-generates partially populated applications for PACT Sailors who are Time In-Rate (TIR) eligible for the Navy-Wide Advancement Examination (NWAE) and/or have at least 12 months on board their first permanent duty station.
- Conversion – Applications for Active Component (AC) and Full Time Support (FTS) Sailors are submitted during C-WAY Reenlistment system-generated application windows (e.g., PRD and SEAOS). Applications for Reserve Component (RC) Sailors requesting a change in rating are entered though C-WAY, as well. See MILPERSMAN 1440-010 and NAVADMIN 150/13 below.
- Transition between Active Component (AC) and Reserve Component (RC) – RC2AC transition requests are incorporated into C-WAY. Additionally, SELRES and Voluntary Training Unit (VTU) Sailors use C-WAY to apply for both in-rate and conversion into ratings with available AC and FTS quotas, provided they meet program requirements. See NAVADMIN 150/13 below.
- Reclassification (formerly PMO/Production Management Office)
Find references supporting individual C-WAY processes, below on the right.
Points of Contact
- C-WAY Help Desk: (901) 874-2102; DSN 882-2102 or 882 5672; or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPC Customer Service: (866) 827-5672; DSN 882 5672; or email@example.com
- IMPORTANT: When emailing information to the help desk, ensure PII information is encrypted. Send Rate/Rating, First and Last Name, and UIC data only. Do NOT send full or partial SSN! Do NOT put this information in the Subject line of the email.
- Help improve C-WAY functionality by emailing your detailed feedback to the Help Desk.