There are three sources of funding for ADSW orders:
1. MPN – In support of Active Duty commands. Requests for MPN funding will be made through the command OSO,
and approved through the Executive Committee Pillar Leads (EXCOM).
2. RPN – In support of Reserve Commands. Requests for RPN funding will be made through CNRFC.
3. RMB (Reimbursable) – The Command uses their own Working Capital funding to fund the requirement and
MIPRs the money to OPNAV to “Reimburse” PERS-462 for the orders written. Commands will submit the
three required documents (below) to PERS-462, and will simultaneously have their command’s Comptroller
coordinate with OPNAV to send the funding for the orders. When PERS-462 receives confirmation that OPNAV
has received the funding, the orders will be generated. Please see below for RMB / OPNAV contact info.
Commands that desire to submit a request for an ADSW requirement must submit the following to PERS-462:
1. Requirement Information Sheet (RIS) – Describes the position to be filled.
2. By-Name-Request (BNR) – Declares which reservist will fill the requirement. (The command may advertise via
the Navy Reserve Government Delivery (GOVDELIVERY) website).
3. ADSW Statement of Understanding (SOU) (Pg. 13) – Signed by member.
All submissions will be sent to the ADSW mailbox at ADSW@navy.mil
. All forms may be obtained through the Pillar OSO or the ADSW mailbox.
OPNAV Contacts for MIPR Receipt (RMB orders only):