** FY16-2 TPS BOARD #380 is scheduled to convene 22Jul 2015 link to NAVADMIN can be found at bottom of this page**
Selection for USNTPS Class 150 (Jan-Dec 2016) and parallel Air Force TPS and Empire TPS (UK) classes:
Application due to NPC: 15 Jun 2015
Application must include all college level transcripts and an endorsement from the applicant's Commanding Officer stating that the applicant will be available for training as early as October 2015.
Previous applicants need only to provide application with updated flight hours, current Commanding Officer's endorsement, and correspondence i.e. awards, quals, fitreps received since last board. Correspondence previously send in is not required to be resubmitted again.
CDR Eric Gardner, PERS-434B, email email@example.com contact phone (901) 874-4106.
The Test Pilot School Selection Board is sponsored by PERS-43 and administered by the AEDO Detailer (PERS-434B) .
FY16-1 TPS BOARD
The TPS board #220 has adjourned. A link to the results is provided below. Selectees will be notified by individual's CO/XO via the detailer.
Congratulations to the selectees.
FY-15-2 TPS BOARD
FY-15-2 TPS Board #380 has adjourned, results have been approved by CNPC. Selectees will be contact by individual's CO/XO via their detailer. Link to the results are posted below on this website.
Congratulations to the selectees
The optimum time to begin applying to TPS is just prior to or at the completion of your J.O Sea Tour. The semi-annual selection boards (Feb & Jul) meet between two and five months prior to commencement of training (for NPS, TPS or pre-TPS training tracks). So, ensure your detailer is aware of your intention to submit an application so he/she can assess community requirements and the possibility of delaying your PCS transfer until the TPS Board results are released.
Interested candidates should coordinate application plans with their respective community detailers, and should prepare an application in the format described in BUPERSINST 1500.62B.
Additional Application Notes
Selection for the NPS/TPS Cooperative program is no longer being offered via the TPS program.
- Apply for TPS!
- Do not mistakenly use the number of pilots/NFOs chosen from your community on one or more previous selection boards as an indication of what opportunity will be available on future boards. Selection opportunity always changes, so YOU SHOULD APPLY regardless of past board results or perceived "trends".
- Apply often...
- Continue to apply as long as you have career timing available (as described above).
- APPLICATION PACKAGES and ALL BOARD CORRESPONDENCE will only be accepted if submitted to the NPC CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER (CSC). (firstname.lastname@example.org) Ensure that your application package is received by the NPC CSC no later than the due date in the NAVADMIN. Hard copy is desired, but if your package is delayed in delivery, fax or PDF attachment to make the deadline is acceptable.
- Items that must be received by deadline date:
- Signed application letter: must include TPS Program Priorities and POC Info (email & phone # for the applicant and his/her CO)
- Command Endorsement: CO's endorsement required; other chain of command endorsement(s) optional.
- College Transcripts
- Applications sent via U. S. Postal Service and via FedEx/UPS/DHL require use of different mailing/delivery addresses; see NAVADMIN for details.
- Letters of Recommendation & Endorsement:
- Letters from outside the applicant's chain of command are Letters of Recommendation. To be accepted, they must be referenced in applicant's Application Letter or accompanied by a Cover Letter from the applicant, requesting President allow board consideration of that/those letter(s).
- Letters from the member's chain-of-command are Endorsement Letters and do not require a cover letter of any kind. Note that a positive command endorsement indicates the command can/will release the selected officer for training and may not have a numerical relief until the original PRD.
- Most recent FITREP: If not yet posted to your permanent record, most recent FITREP should be submitted with original application. If not available at that point, fax to NPC not later than one week prior to the board convening date.
- FITREP Continuity, Award Citations, Special Qualifications, etc.: Visit your record via the Web-Enabled Record Review feature of BUPERS Online. Do not rely on Assistant Recorders to find and notify you about discrepancies in your record. They will be scrubbing a very large number of records in a very short period of time. As you have always heard, it really is YOUR responsibility to ensure YOUR record is correct and up to date.
- You should send all correspondence so it is received by the NPC CSC by the application deadline, not the convening date of the board.
CONFIRM RECEIPT of your application and all correspondence with NPC CSC! Confirmation is available online (choose "Selection Board Status" from the NPC CSC webpage), via phone or email.